Ta-Daa!'s Charity Policy
Ta-Daa! loves to support charities and non-profit organisations. We have always offered major discounts on our booking and other fees for charities so that larger profits from events can be returned to the charity.
While we occasionally donate our services free of charge it is not possible to do this for all events without doing ourselves out of business! Have a chat to us about what might be possible for your particular cause - we're sorry if we're unable to help you; we receive a very high number of requests.
The charities we are actively supporting in 2018 include:
- Kiva - an amazing charity which arranges micro-loans to business entrepreneurs in developing countries. Since August 2008 we have pledged more than eighty loans to various borrowers around the world. We look forward to supporting Kiva into the future.
- A range of charities continue to receive money donated to our 'spare change' donation tin at the door of Jokers Comedy Club - recipient charities are nominated by Crew and audience members throughout the year and 100% of the collected money goes to charity. The Jokers spare change tin has raised more than $3500 since we started up in 2015 - woohoo!
- We continue to donate prizes (event tickets) to a number of fundraisers and events. Please email us with requests for tickets or other support.
Charities and causes we have supported in previous years include:
- Guide Dogs Tasmania - Puppy Love, Make-A-Wish Gala Ball, Sandy Bay Infant School, Cantiamo Ladies Choir, Brookfield Benefit, Films for Fundraising, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Oberek Polish Dancing group, Cancer Council Girls' Night In - these charities and organisations have been given free Jokers Comedy Club tickets to use as raffle and auction prizes in 2018.
- Loui's Van, Black Dog Ride, Choir of High Hopes and Colony 47 - these charities/organisations have been recipients of funds from our 'spare change' donation tin at Jokers Comedy Club in 2018.
- Films for Fundraising, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Cantiamo Ladies Choir, Dogs' Homes of Tasmania, Hobart Harmony Chorus - these charities and organisations were given free Jokers Comedy Club tickets to use as raffle and auction prizes in 2017.
- Brightside Sanctuary, Vinnies' Cyclone Debbie appeal, SPEAK UP! Stay ChatTY, the National Breast Cancer Foundation, the Royal Hobart Hospital Whittle Ward and Sam Can You Can - these charities/organisations were recipients of funds from our 'spare change' donation tin at Jokers Comedy Club in 2017.
- In 2016 Jane's choir, the Sing For Your Life! Choir, raised more than $1000 (through busking and other community performances) for the Australian Children's Music Foundation.
- Guide Dogs Tasmania - Puppy Love, the Lenah Valley Volunteer Fire Brigade, Compassionate Friends Victoria, Possability, Lend a Hand to Hugo, Riding for the Disabled Kalang, and Loui's Van - these charities and organisations were recipients of funds from our 'spare change' donation tin at Jokers Comedy Club in 2016.
- The Seconds Count Gala Ball, the Sandy Bay Infant School, Cantiamo Ladies Choir, the Duke Open Mic series, Quiz-A-Saurus, Films for Fundraising, the White Eagles New Town Soccer Club, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the Hobart Harmony choir, and the 'Jai Jam' fundraiser - all these great causes were given free Jokers Comedy Club tickets to use as raffle and auction prizes in 2016.
- Global Vaddo Charity, Entrust Foundation, WIRES and the Australian Humour Foundation - these charities/organisations were recipients of funds from our 'spare change' donation tin at Jokers Comedy Club in 2015.
- Cyclone Pam Emergency Relief Fund, Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (Australia), Blue September, Ella's Journey, The Police Charity Ride 2014, Global Vaddo Charity, Tasmanian Bushfire Appeal 2013 (Red Cross), Hearts of Hope Australia, Canine Utility & Service Partners, Flood Appeal (Queensland/Victoria), Cerebral Palsy Tasmania, Callum Davis Appeal, Victorian Bushfire Appeal 2009, Hobart City Mission.
- The Cancer Council Relay for Life - Jane has sung with Silk and About Time at several Relay for Life events.
- The 2014 and 2015 Glenorchy Carols by Candlelight event (Jane's choir sang at this great community event in 2014; and she sang with About Time in 2015).
- Charity fundraising programs including Movember, Pink Ribbon Day, the Arthritis Tasmania doorknock and 'Shine a Light on Lung Cancer'.