Ta-Daa!'s Charity Policy
Ta-Daa! loves to support charities and non-profit organisations. We have always offered major discounts on our booking and other fees for charities so that larger profits from events can be returned to the charity.
While we occasionally donate our services free of charge it is not possible to do this for all events without doing ourselves out of business! Have a chat to us about what might be possible for your particular cause - we're sorry if we're unable to help you; we receive a very high number of requests!
The charities we are actively supporting in 2017 include:
- Kiva - an amazing charity which arranges micro-loans to business entrepreneurs in developing countries. Since August 2008 we have pledged more than seventy loans to various borrowers around the world. We look forward to supporting Kiva into the future.
- A range of charities continue to receive money donated to our 'spare change' donation tin at the door of Jokers Comedy Club - recipient charities are nominated by Crew and audience members throughout the year and 100% of the collected money goes to charity. So far in 2017 we have sent a donation to Brightside Sanctuary in Cygnet and the Vinnies' Cyclone Debbie Recovery Appeal. During our Jokers 100th-show celebrations in May our partner charity was SPEAK UP! Stay ChatTY. The Jokers spare change tin has raised more than $2600 since we started up in 2015 - woohoo!
- We continue to donate prizes (event tickets) to a number of fundraisers and events. Please email us with requests for tickets or other support.
- In 2016 Jane's choir, the Sing For Your Life! Choir, raised money (through busking and other community performances) for the Australian Children's Music Foundation. They raised more than $1000 for the Foundation and will continue their efforts in 2017.
Charities and causes we have supported in previous years include:
- Guide Dogs Tasmania - Puppy Love, the Lenah Valley Volunteer Fire Brigade, Compassionate Friends Victoria, Possability, Lend a Hand to Hugo, Riding for the Disabled Kalang, and Loui's Van - all these charities/organisations were recipients of funds from our 'spare change' donation tin at Jokers Comedy Club in 2016.
- The Seconds Count Gala Ball, the Sandy Bay Infant School, Cantiamo Ladies Choir, the Duke Open Mic series, Quiz-A-Saurus, Films for Fundraising, the White Eagles New Town Soccer Club, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the Hobart Harmony choir, and the 'Jai Jam' fundraiser - all these great causes were given free Jokers Comedy Club tickets to use as raffle and auction prizes in 2016.
- Global Vaddo Charity, Entrust Foundation, WIRES and the Australian Humour Foundation - these charities/organisations were recipients of funds from our 'spare change' donation tin at Jokers Comedy Club in 2015.
- Ella's Journey - supporting 7-year-old Ella who has been diagnosed with leukaemia for the third time (2015).
- Blue September, raising money to research and treat men's cancers (2015).
- Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (Australia) - supporting the work of the Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital (2015).
- The Cyclone Pam Emergency Relief Fund (via Oxfam) to help cyclone victims in Vanuatu (2015).
- The Cancer Council Relay for Life - Jane has sung with Silk and About Time at several Relay for Life events.
- The 2014 and 2015 Glenorchy Carols by Candlelight event (Jane's choir sang at this great community event in 2014; and she sang with About Time in 2015).
- The Police Charity Ride 2014, which supported Angels Goal and Autism Tasmania.
- Global Vaddo Charity (GVC) - a fantastic Australian charity which has built and now operates a learning centre for disadvantaged children in Goa, India. We have supported GVC since 2008, running quiz nights and comedy fundraisers, and in 2013 Jane's choir, the Sing For Your Life! Choir, raised more than $1000 for GVC by busking at local markets.
- Tasmanian Bushfire Appeal (Red Cross) 2013
- Hearts of Hope Australia
- Canine Utility & Service Partners
- Flood Appeal (Queensland/Victoria)
- Cerebral Palsy Tasmania
- Callum Davis Appeal
- Victorian Bushfire Appeal 2009
- Hobart City Mission
- Charity fundraising programs including Movember, Pink Ribbon Day, the Arthritis Tasmania doorknock and 'Shine a Light on Lung Cancer'